Saturday, September 29, 2007

Unintentional

Every now and then I will read a blog posting in which a knitter declares that she/he is going to knit one sweater per month over the course of one year. I have never known anyone to have met this resolution. I always thought it would be kind of cool, and that if I worked less (I have one full-time job) or lived alone or was new in a city with few friends or SOMETHING where I had more free time on my hands, only then would I be able to acheive such a goal. Um, yeah... so I've knit 11 sweaters this year. Well, almost. I have one that I haven't blogged about because it is still drying on the blocking board,

one that needs the sleeves to be blocked, then sewn on the body,

and one that just needs another sleeve knit.

I count those because I expect to be done with them this weekend. Whee! I also count another sweater that I expect to be done with by mid-October at the latest. It only needs another 1.5 sleeves.


So that makes four sweaters that are nearing completion that I have yet to blog about. Plus these:
Central Park Hoodie, finished in February (started Christmas Day 2006)
Cabled Spiral Pullover, May
Rogue, May
Snow White, June 2007
Trumpet, July
Wicked, finished in July (started in June)
Fonn, finished in August, started April-ish

Which equals eleven. Now they were not all completed inside of one calendar month. In fact, one was even started a week before 2007 began. But they were all finished in 2007, and I figure that as long as I average 12 sweaters over the course of 12 months, I can say I knit a sweater per month, right? Now, before you start saying "wow, you knit a lot!" let me point out that four of these sweaters were knit on US 10.5 or 11 needles. That makes for very quick knitting. The others were all knit on US 6, 7, or 8 needles. No 4ply yarn for me, no ma'am.

So I need to knit one more sweater this year to meet that goal. What shall I knit? These are all looking like tasty knitting... but I can't decide what to knit next.

Swirled Pentagon Pullover on US 7 needles in this yarn (Cash Iroha), minus the turtleneck, like Grumperina:














Dollar-and-a-half Cardigan on size US 5 needles in the recommended yarn (Reynolds Soft Linen, a linen/acrylic blend)


Lucy in the Sky Cardigan on US 7 needles in this yarn (Debbie Bliss Merino Aran):


Tilted Duster on US 8 or 9 needles in this yarn (Jaeger Shetland Aran):













Decisions, decisions...

No comments: