Sunday, June 24, 2007

FO- Cabled Spiral Pullover

Well, I guess my last post shows why it has been so damn long since I've posted on here. The reason is that I've become addicted to Ravelry. Part of why I started this blog was to keep an electronic notebook with details of my finished projects for my own reference. I used to keep a paper notebook and this sort of replaced that. But, as not everyone is on Ravelry, I shall continue to post!



This is my beloved Cabled Spiral Pullover from Knitting Nature
I knit the 36" bust size out of 628g (a little over six skeins) of Sarah's Yarns 4ply DK Mongolian Cashmere in Rich Blueberry. Yes, that's right, I knit a sweater out of cashmere. Its totally scrumptious and I got the yarn at wholesale. It was still an expensive sweater, but not the most expensive I've ever made. I used US 6 needles for this sweater. I also converted this sweater from a flat-knit sweater to an in-the-round sweater, I lengthened the body, and I added waist shaping to it (why the hell people design sweaters without waist shaping is beyond me). This sweater gets 8 million thumbs up, I love it, and I'm so sorry I finished it when it was beyond too hot out to wear it.

No comments: