Friday, July 27, 2007
This is SO my new favorite sweater. My work is freezing so I wanted to knit something to wear over my t-shirts to keep me warm. This is Wicked from Zephyr Style. I used 6.5 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino in color 230, on size US 7 needles. I knit the 32-25" bust because I wanted negative ease for this sweater. I knit 5/8 sleeves instead of long or short sleeves, and I modified the pattern into a cardigan, after Flintknits's. I knit it a bit longer because I knew it would shorten up a bit when I had it buttoned closed. I also did mock cables at the cuffs.
I decided to do a 4-stitch seed stitch band on each side (i hate adding button bands later) and I added 2 stitches on each side since the cable panels down the front take up a bit of space. So that's the original amount of cast-on stitches plus 10sts. I knit the 32-35" bust size and so I would have cast on 120sts, but I actually cast on 104 (I wanted a not-so-wide neckline) and increased to the appropriate number of stitches for the size I was doing. I then knit the mock cable neckline as directed but I just didn't join it and I made sure to do the first and last 4 stitches in seed stitch for the button band. When it came time to put the markers, I made sure that the back and sleeves had the appropriate amount (42 and 20 stitches each, respectively) and then the fronts had a few more stitches (due to the button band and the extra couple of stitches). I kept 3 mock cable rows running down each side of the front at the point where the original pattern says to switch to stockinette. WHEW!