Saturday, July 14, 2007

Trumpet- FO



Behold, Trumpet!
This was an extrememly fast knit. The pattern is only avaliable in a size 32" bust, so I chose yarn and needles that yield a slightly larger gauge and it came out well. Happy!
Yarn used: 8.5 balls (740yds) of Rowan RYC Soft Tweed in color 005 Twig, which I purchased here for very cheap. I used size 11 needles and knit everything in the round instead of flat and used a seed-stitch hem instead of the weird-ass method she calls for (coz i lazy).

Here is a picture of it, blocked, pre-sleeves, which I have been told looks good (better?) than the sleeved version.

1 comment:

bek said...

Hey Kabs,

Your Trumpet looks great! But I must admit, I am in looooooove with the sleeveless version. As in, bumping it to the top of the list in love. Do you think that it would work in Microspun? Or the formerly-for-Kyoto cotton? I know that I'll have to modify the heck out of the pattern (32" bust, ha) so I figure I might as well do it in totally different yarn too. (mmmm stashbusting)