Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summer scarf

We got this new yarn in at the shop I work at, its by Misti Alpaca and it is called Misti Cotton. But don't be fooled, it has 15% silk in it! This is NICE yarn. I decided it would be good for a summer-weight scarf, and I had been wanting to knit a scarf in a mistake rib like my friend Jen thinks she accidentally did on her first ribbed scarf (which actually looks really really cool), but mine did not turn out the way hers did. I don't know if it is because my yarn is thicker and my needles are bigger or what. But I still like it. I'm knitting this up on size nine needles and the color is 314 Light Blue Twist. By the way, I've recently discovered the magic of Crystal Palace bamboo needles. I'm a big fan of metal needles, but these days they are hard to find unless you want to go to Wal-Mart, and I refuse to give them one red cent. Anyway, these are really highly polished and really smooth, so it almost feels like they are metal. I looove them.



No comments: