Tuesday, May 30, 2006

One Skein socklettes!

So Thursday night I went to the midnight showing of the new X-Men movie (btw, very good, very destructive, very tragic, very sad) and so I started these and showed up early, allowing me to get all the way through the turning of the heel on the first one. Then I went to Cleveland this weekend, and finished them up in the car on the way home! The pattern is from Leigh Radford's One Skein. I used bamboo DPN's and the recommended yarn, Lorna's Laces Sheperd Worsted in Blackberry. I ended up deciding to go down to a size 7 needle instead of 8, like you're supposed to use, because my feet are a size 6.5 and the smallest size is for a women's 7.5-8.5. Plus sometimes I knit loose. I'm really excited about how nice this yarn is, it was lovely to knit with. The pattern was actually super-fast, even considering the fact that it involved cabling, which was annoying for the first cable round or two. But after that it went fast. And I'm really happy with the way they fit, there are no gaps or bagginess. Here are some pictures... the color is a bit more purple than in these pictures, but I guess they're close enough.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo purdy! I love that yarn, plus they look very comfortable. I still only have one of these completed.