Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Odessa- FO

Behold, B's second birthday hat, a beadless Odessa (I was on a roll, I guess).

This hat took no time at all to finish, I think I did it in two days, maybe three. I used EXACTLY one ball of Rowan Cashsoft DK in color 517 Donkey. I used US 4 needles for the ribbed brim and US 6 needles for the rest. I believe I made the hat an extra .5" tall and therefore had the scariness of near-hyperventillation and "omigod omigod am I going to have enough yarn?!" The best part about this hat? Its machine-washable! The pattern was super-easy though, especially if you're doing a beadless version. Every row is exactly the same. And if you're doing a beaded version, every row is still basically the same except every six rows you have to throw a bead onto every 10th stitch. Easy peasy!

No comments: