Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lorna's Laces Socks- FO



Pattern: The one on the left is a generic top-down sock and the one on the right is this sock
Yarn: The yarn on the left is one skein (yes, one skein for two socks) of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Irving Park on US 3 needles, the one on the right is specially dyed Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Manzanita on US 2 and 3 (US 3 for the calf). In my original post it said I was working with 1's and 2's but that sock turned out too small and I had to re-knit it with the suggested 2's and 3's.

Note: I love both Lorna's Laces yarn and the pattern for the Cable Rib socks, but I won't be buying the specially dyed sock yarn from Purl anymore. I was expecting the stripes to be wider and they clearly weren't. It would have been okay if they were the width/length that they are, but the contrast of white and raspberry is too much for the short little stripes.