Monday, July 03, 2006

Union Square Market Pullover-started

Good grief its been weeks since I posted! Well its been hot... grumble... and I completed a Socky Sock. I am more pleased with the look than I was before, but its too small. ::sigh::. So I decided to do it again. I just bumped the needle size up... hopefully it won't be too lacy.

I've also cast on for the Union Square Market Pullover by Interweave Knits. Its the one on the cover (Fall 2005). I'm making mine in Garnstudio's DROPS Alpaca, in black and scarlet.




Let me tell you, don't ever attempt the invisible cast-on. This fucker says to use that cast-on, knit 9 rows or something, then fold it up and knit two together (kinda like a three-needle bind off) fo make a hem. Forget it. I tried with another needle and with waste yarn and made a HUGE mess both times. So I just cast on normally and then stitched it up... kinda like when I made the Last Minute Knitted Gifts Hourglass Sweater, except they told you to purl a row where the bottom of the hem is. I didn't, and now I'm wondering if I should have. But fuck it, I'm way too far with laceweight yarn and size 3 needles to rip this puppy out. I'll just "aggressively block" the sweater when I'm done. I'm also not too thrilled with the yarn choice. I couldn't for the life of me find the required yarn anywhere (Plassard Alpaga) and someone else posted to Craftster with her pictures and a link to her blog and said that she used the yarn that I am using now. She sorta gushed about it in her blog and I have to say, so far I am not that impressed with the softness of this yarn. I mean, it's alpaca, it should feel glorious. But its almost a little scratchy. Oh well, maybe hair conditioner would help. Wish me luck on this crazy sweater!

No comments: