Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Mystery Knitting!

I've always been a little jealous of people who decided to take part in all of that Secret of the Stole mystery shawl knitalong thing. I thought it would be really cool to be given a piece of the puzzle/pattern each week. But I am picky about shawls. And I knit them in DK or sportweight yarn, and not all shawls can be done in heavier yarns. So I was super excited when I found out about Through The Loops Mystery Sock on Ravelry. Sweet! Here's my finished sock (the basic version... there is also a cabled version)


They're knit in Socks That Rock Lightweight in Brick on size US1 needles and I love them! And they're done in time for NaKniSweMo, for which I will be casting on for my Tilted Duster (attempt #2)!

5 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Love the socks!

P.S. All your scarves are amazing :)

bek said...

Man, if I thought I was knitting a shawl, and it was actually socks, I'd be MAD...how long did it take you to figure it out? ;-)

Anonymous said...

I admired your socks on Raverly as they are gorgeous. Enjoy!
p.s. Thanks for the visit to my blog!

Libby said...

I love these socks! I toldja they'd look good.

NextVanGogh said...

can't recall how I ended up at your page... but super pretty socks! Great job!