Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Simple Knitted Bodice- FO


Pattern: Stefanie Japel's Simple Knitted Bodice, size S
Yarn: Tilli Thomas Pure & Simple 100% spun silk, about 1130 yards of Ruby Wine color and Tilli Thomas Disco Lights 100% spun silk with petite sequins, about 70 yards of Ruby Wine color.
Needle: Used recommended US 6 needle (US 4 for lace and purl ridges)

Notes: My gauge is way off on this sweater, but I guess that's a good thing because the sweater fits well.
Modifications: I did less increases before the neck join. This made the sweater a bit more fitted and less of a low-cut neckline. All the purl ridges were done in the Pure and Simple instead of the Disco Lights. I did not do lace panels on the sleeves, but I did the purl ridges at the cuffs. I chose to not have flared sleeves, and instead decreased starting around the elbow. I decreased 2 stitches every 9 rows 5 times. For the purl ridges, I picked up 6 st/in along the "V" of the neck and 4 st/in along the back of the neck. I only did two sets of purl ridges for the neckline instead of three. I knit for a couple inches before starting the center lace purl ridges and lace panel and lengthened the sweater a bit.

1 comment:

yuvee said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! WOW!